Installation of Coderr Community
Coderr is now built using ASP.NET Core MVC. Make sure that you have installed the .NET Core Hosting Bundle on your web server.
- Go to https://www.microsoft.com/net/download/all
- Click on a .NET Core version, for instance
.NET Core 2.1
- Find the "Runtime & Hosting Bundle" under "Run apps - Runtime"
- Download and install it.
- Stop IIS, run "net stop was /y" from a command prompt
- Start IIS, run "net start w3svc" from a command prompt.
You can also read Microsofts guide
Instruction for installing Coderr for the first time.
Download the installation zip file.
Unpack it to a IIS folder (for instance
Open IIS management console
Create a new application in IIS
Copy the files to the new IIS folder.
"changeThis"value to your own installation password.
Create a database in your SQL Server (SQL Server 2012 or above).
Give the permissions
db_ddladminto your IIS application pool account (for instance
Open a browser and visit the URL for Coderr
Follow the installation guide in the browser
Upgrading from v1.x
Upgrade from an earlier version of Coderr.
- Download the installation zip file.
- Copy your connection string from
web.configand store it somewhere.
<add name="Coderr" connectionString="SAVE THIS STRING ONLY" />
(i.e. not the entire XML element but only the attribute contents)
- Delete ALL files from your existing Coderr folder.
- Unpack all files from the zip file to your Coderr folder
- Change the connection string to your own.
- Coderr should now work.